- The Educational Services Department activities should reflect ABM’s mission and services, focusing on the promotion of documentary funds, books and reading.
- The request and confirmation of any activity carried out by the Educational Services Department is preferably conducted by email. According to each case a previous meeting will be set with the teachers involved (type of group; class, type of curriculum/course, among other specifications);
- Any alterations that may occur or cancellation of the activity by any of the parts involved should be informed in advance (by telephone or email) in order to plan strategies that may conduct the activity within an alternative schedule.
- In the promotion of the activities, the Educational Services works with only one class at a time. In the case of lectures/presentation of ABM, it is advisable to have a maximum of two/three classes to assist;
- If there is more than one level class, lectures should be done separately, according to the age groups of the participants;
- Each group/class coming to the ABM should be accompanied by two teachers/technicians, who should be aware and properly informed on the activity that will be carried out, and according to what as previously agreed;
- In the case of the activities related to plastic arts and/or of writing, which require more time to accomplish, all students should carry on the works in their classrooms, to be able to finish them. After that the ABM’S will request that these works are sent to its Educational Services Department, to be scanned/photocopied, after which they will be returned to the school where they are coming from.
II – Loan of Educational Materials
The loan of educational materials requires filling in a form signed by both parts – the requesting entity and the Educational Services Department.
III – TEMPORARY LOAN OF DOCUMENTS FOR EXHIBITIONS
- The temporary loan of documents/works for exhibitions is authorized by the Director of Culture, after consulting the director of ABM, who is committed to specify, in each particular case, the conditions under which all documents/works will be packed, transported and displayed;
- All loan requests should be dome, preferably around six months, prior to the exhibition opening date, and will only be allowed once the ABM corresponding application form is correctly filled in and signed by the exhibition’s organizer/curator and returned to the institution;
- It is mandatory to have insurance against all risks, which should cover service and out of service, including all stages of transport, assembly, temporary residence/display and dismantling;
- The requesting entity is entirely responsible for all expenses related to the temporary loan and transport of the documents/works requested;
- In due time a facility report, should be delivered to ABM, indicating the event’s venue, as well as the layout of the exhibition, in order to be acquainted with the location of the works loaned by ABM, within the display area;
- The conditions of relative humidity, temperature and lighting are defined by ABM – the entity responsible for the supervision of the documents/works;
- The organizer is entirely responsible for the exhibition’s assembly and dismantling, however, this process should be accompanied and supervised by a qualified conservation and restoration technician chosen by ABM.
IV – AUDITORIUM FEES
The ABM’s auditorium fees follows the Governmental Order No. 10/2012 of December 7th, which approves the Regulation that sets the terms and conditions of loan and use of auditoriums and counterpart facilities. The fees to be charged are foreseen in the Decree No. 131/2012 of October 25th.